Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find common questions and answers related to the program.
- No, you will have an IPE curriculum applicable and transferable to serious illnesses, such as advanced cardiovascular or neurologic diseases. Additionally you will have learning activities applicable to any IPE effort.
- iPEX training is a 9 month commitment. The schedule is as follows:
Application Open Application Closed Training Begins Train-the-Trainer Workshop Implementation of Curriculum July 1, 2021 August 2022 November 6-9, 2022 TBD
- Contact iIPEX@louisville.edu for more information.
- 8-10 teams (40 applicants) will be accepted per year.
- iPEX is funded by the National Cancer Institute. Airfare ($500 maximum per person), hotel accommodations, materials and some conference meals for the workshop are included.
- No, as long as 3 disciplines are represented.
- I understand that my faculty team will be trained in the creation of an IPE curriculum. What types of learners should my curriculum be targeting?Your curriculum may target pre- and post- licensure learners (students, residents, and/or fellows) in fields including but not limited to nursing, pharmacy, medicine, psychology, social work, and chaplaincy.
- All training costs including the train-the-trainer workshop (airfare up to $550, hotel and most meals) are covered by this grant from the National Cancer Institute. As applicants, the participating faculty need the endorsement of their administration to participate in the iPEX training program. The applying institution would cover any costs associated with implementation of an interprofessional oncology and /or palliative care educational initiative. A budget is not necessary.
- Will travel expenses such as luggage fees, airport parking, ground transportation at originating airport and meals on travel days be covered?Only airfare (up to $500) will be covered.
- No CEU’s are not available for this training. Due to the interdisciplinary nature and the many professional licenses represented, it would be time and cost prohibitive for our grant budget.
If you have questions that aren’t noted here, please contact us using the information below.