Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find common questions and answers related to the program.
- No, you will have an IPE curriculum applicable and transferable to serious illnesses, such as advanced cardiovascular or neurologic diseases. Additionally you will have learning activities applicable to any IPE effort.
- iPEX training is a 9 month commitment. The schedule is as follows:
Implementation of Curriculum
April 30, 2018
Nov. 11-14, 2018
April 30, 2019
Nov. 3-6, 2019
April 30, 2020
Nov. 8-11, 2020
April 30, 2021
Nov. 14-17, 2021
- Additional opportunities will be available. (see table in previous question: “What is the time commitment for iPEX?)
- Approximately 10 teams (40 applicants) will be accepted per year.
- The first iPEX workshop will be in Chicago, November 11-14, 2018.
- iPEX is funded by the National Cancer Institute. Airfare ($600 maximum per person), hotel accommodations, conference meals and materials for the workshop are included.
- No, as long as 3 disciplines are represented.
- I understand that my faculty team will be trained in the creation of an IPE curriculum. What types of learners should my curriculum be targeting?Your curriculum may target pre- and post- licensure learners (students, residents, and/or fellows) in fields including but not limited to nursing, pharmacy, medicine, psychology, social work, and chaplaincy.
- All training costs including the train-the-trainer workshop (airfare up to $600, hotel and hotel meals) are covered by this grant from the National Cancer Institute. As applicants, the participating faculty need the endorsement of their administration to participate in the iPEX training program. The applying institution would cover any costs associated with implementation of an interprofessional oncology and /or palliative care educational initiative. A budget is not necessary.
- Will travel expenses such as luggage fees, airport parking, ground transportation at originating airport and meals on travel days be covered?Only airfare (up to $600) will be covered.
If you have questions that aren’t noted here, please contact us using the information below.