By participating in the training, what will you learn?
Your team will learn how to:
- Utilize opportunities for, and overcome barriers to, interprofessional education (IPE) at your institution
- Enhance your team’s skills in IPE leadership and organizational change
- Develop plans for integrating IPE into existing curricula
- Design an IPE program tailored to your institution’s specific needs
- Develop the skills essential for conducting quality interprofessional learning activities, including:
- building teams and community partnerships for clinical sites
- case-based, problem-focused learning
- team dynamics, culture, and moving beyond hierarchy
- development and inclusion of interprofessional face-to-face activities, didactic approaches, and reflective activities
- assess learning outcomes and evaluate the impact of your IPE curriculum
The training includes:
- Pretests and pre-workshop modules
- Pre-workshop webinars and team meetings
- 2.5 day workshop
- Post workshop team meetings and conference calls with liaison
- Progress reports
2018 iPEX Workshop Participants
Past Participant Feedback
What did we learn?
Many on our team had never been exposed to collaborative learning techniques, and this has been a major take-away that has been implemented in our instruction.
We learned some tools and gained resources on how to best develop a feasible plan.
We certainly learned a lot about each other and our respective disciplines.
A lot of the “nuts and bolts” items taught in the workshop – the collaborative learning techniques, the learning map – these really helped us turn an idea into an actual curriculum.