By participating in the training, what will you learn?
Your team will learn how to:
- Utilize opportunities for, and overcome barriers to, interprofessional education (IPE) at your institution
- Enhance your team’s skills in IPE leadership and organizational change
- Develop plans for integrating IPE into existing curricula
- Design an IPE program tailored to your institution’s specific needs
- Develop the skills essential for conducting quality interprofessional learning activities, including:
- building teams and community partnerships for clinical sites
- case-based, problem-focused learning
- team dynamics, culture, and moving beyond hierarchy
- development and inclusion of interprofessional face-to-face activities, didactic approaches, and reflective activities
- assess learning outcomes and evaluate the impact of your IPE curriculum
The training includes:
- Pre-workshop modules
- Pre-workshop webinars
- Experienced liaison support
- 2.5 day interactive workshop with time for team building and skill development
- Networking with IPE teams from other institutions
- Pre and post workshop team meetings
- Assistance in project development and implementation
- New tools for teaching and support
2018 iPEX Workshop Participants
Past Participant Feedback
What did we learn?
Many on our team had never been exposed to collaborative learning techniques, and this has been a major take-away that has been implemented in our instruction.
We learned some tools and gained resources on how to best develop a feasible plan.
We certainly learned a lot about each other and our respective disciplines.
A lot of the “nuts and bolts” items taught in the workshop – the collaborative learning techniques, the learning map – these really helped us turn an idea into an actual curriculum.